Ch-ch-ch-changes! That was the theme of the August Lymphedema Patient Roundtable, beginning with Brenda Viola passing the baton to Alexa Ercolano as the new host of the Lymphedema Roundtables. Another big change? Catherine Rosenberg lost twenty-six pounds of fluid in two-and-a-half weeks after successful lymphaticovenous anastomosis surgery to address a thoracic duct obstruction. Incredible!
Speaking of changes: Why do changes in temperature affect swelling? Does lymphedema cause the sciatic nerve to act up? And why is it that swimming helps lymphedema? The chat was active throughout the night, with attendees asking questions and jumping into the conversation by sharing their own experiences.
The evening ended on a thoughtful note as panelists shared what they wished they had known when they were first diagnosed: “This lymphedema journey is not an easy one. It is a lifelong, challenging one,” said Catherine. “Sometimes we need to give ourselves a little more credit than we want to.”
Thank you to this month’s panelists:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.