Happy 2023! The Lymphedema Patient Roundtable kicked off the new year by celebrating some major wins, from the passage of the Lymphedema Treatment Act into law to panelist Catherine Rosenberg’s incredible progress after undergoing lymphovenous anastomosis surgery.
Panelists and attendees shared the different ways they are committing to their lymphedema management and self-care in the new year, such as figuring out which compression garments work best for them or finally making the call to set up a surgery consultation. The theme of “giving yourself grace” came up, along with the importance of finding and leaning on community. Other topics of discussion included central lymphatics, lymphatic imaging tests, and nutritional considerations with lymphedema.
Thank you to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.