The seasons may be changing, but one thing remains consistent: the monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtable! At the September Roundtable, the topics ranged from gut lymphatics and research grants to surgical treatments and compression wrapping.
Attendees brought up the various hurdles in getting a diagnosis — and treatment — while Kelly Bell’s wife, Jen, joined the panel to provide her meaningful perspective on being a support person to a loved one with lymphedema.
A thread throughout the evening was the theme of “encouragement,” and panelists and attendees alike shared their own words of encouragement to buoy one another during their lymphedema journeys.
A special thank-you to our panelists this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Jen Bell, Lymphedema Patient and wife of Kelly
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient and Lympha Press Marketing and Communications Associate (@lymphielife)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.