Spring has sprung, and our April Lymphedema Patient Roundtable was blossoming with vibrant conversation. Joining the panel this month was Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant Mike O’Brien, who brought his own unique perspective – and humor! – to the discussion.
Mike’s expertise was especially appreciated when the conversation turned to treatment for obese patients with lymphedema. He and certified lymphedema therapist Nasreen Starner discussed different treatment options such as the LymphaPod, which is Lympha Press’s garment designed specifically for larger patients.
How do you cope with your diagnosis? What do you wear while pumping? And how does one even decide which pump to use? These were just a few of the questions that sprung from attendees in the live chat, as well as a thoughtful discussion around “finding your peace” amidst the ups and downs of life with lymphedema.
A warm thank-you to our panelists this month:
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Mike O’Brien, Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.