Summer is here, and panelists and attendees at the Lymphedema Patient Roundtable took a break from the heat to gather virtually for the June Roundtable. Joining the panel this month was special guest Sean Mulroney of The Obesity Revolution, who shared some of his story as well as his experience using the LymphaPod as a larger-bodied lymphedema patient.
How did you spend your summer vacation? Lymphedema patient Alexa Ercolano and therapist Nasreen Starner spent theirs at Camp WatchMe, the first and only summer camp in the United States for pediatric lymphedema patients and their families, and couldn’t wait to talk about their time at camp!
The conversation tackled some heavier topics, too, as attendees asked questions like: What happens when lymphedema feels impossible? How do you get back on track after “falling off the horse” with your treatment? And do you have to wear compression all day long? What followed were uplifting discussions that motivated and inspired.
The evening closed with words of encouragement by the panelists, including Sean Mulroney’s reminder that “small tweaks lead to great peaks.” Hang in there, everyone!
We’d like to thank the panelists who joined us this month:
- Karen Ashforth, MS, OTR/L, CLT-LANA (@karenashforth_cltlana)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@veteran_fighting_lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Sean Mulroney, Lymphedema Patient (@iamseanmulroney)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@am.sobey)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT (@nasreenstarner)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.