From clinical questions about wound care to candid conversation around mental health, the October Lymphedema Patient Roundtable was full of valuable inspiration and insight.
Speaking of inspiration, the panel was joined by special guest Veronica Seneriz, a lymphedema patient and founder of the blog and online community Lymphie Strong. Panelist Kelly Bell was one of the first members of Lymphie Strong when it began years ago, and there wasn’t a dry eye on the Zoom call as he shared just how much the group had saved his life.
The conversation continued with questions and comments from attendees. One person asked if lymphedema can be reversed or just controlled, which spurred a fascinating discussion around the nuanced idea of a “cure.” Another wanted to know more about managing your lymphedema while traveling internationally.
To close off the hour, panelists shared their number one tip for managing their lymphedema, and Veronica ended the night with a much-needed reminder: “You are braver and you are stronger than you ever think.”
An emphatic thank-you to all of our panelists:
- Cam Ayala, Lymphedema Patient, Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant (@CamronAyala)
- Kelly Bell, Lymphedema Patient and Advocate (@Veteran_Fighting_Lymphedema)
- Alexa Ercolano, Lymphedema Patient (@lymphielife)
- Angela Jones, Lipolymphedema Patient and Health Coach (@2018gethealthy)
- Mary Kastelberg, Lymphedema Patient, Lympha Press Compression Therapy Consultant (@LiveLoveLymphie)
- Catherine Rosenberg, Lymphedema Patient (@crosenberg1982)
- Veronica Seneriz, Lymphedema Patient and Founder of Lymphie Strong (@lymphiestrong)
- Amanda Sobey, Lymphedema Patient, Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist (@lymphiequeen)
- Nasreen Starner, CLT
- Betty Westbrook, Certified Lymphedema Therapist (@LymphedemaPodcast)
Lympha Press is proud to offer these monthly Lymphedema Patient Roundtables and to be a support to the lymphedema community. The Roundtables are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8 PM EST. Sign up to attend any of our live webinars at https://linktr.ee/LymphaPress.